Best Travel Insurance Plans for Diabetics and Seniors
Travel Health Insurance for Diabetics
We offer the best International health insurance plans for diabetics, seniors, individuals, expatriates, groups and families at the lowest price! Travel Insurance for Diabetics.com is your best online source to buy travel medical insurance. Get a fast and free online quote.
Best Travel Insurance for Diabetics - Get a Quote
- Click here for the high-end Travel Insurance plan valid for Seniors and Diabetics - for U.S. & Non-U.S. Citizens
- Click here to Get a Quote for the most affordable Travel Insurance Plan for Diabetics under 65 - for U.S. Citizens
- Click here to Get a Quote for the most popular Travel Insurance plan for Seniors over 65 - for U.S. Citizens
Travel Insurance for Diabetics.com is your best online source to buy Travel Insurance and International Health Insurance plans. Getting an insurance quote online with us is free, confidential, quick and easy. We offer the best travel medical insurance coverage for diabetics and for seniors at the lowest price. Find quality travel Insurance plans for people with Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes and for people who are 65 years old and over.
If you are Diabetic or if you have any pre-existing medical condition it is important to choose the right insurance plan and to declare your medical conditions when you apply for an insurance coverage. More than 30 Million people in the U.S. are affected by Diabetes and more than 370 Million are affected by this chronic disease worldwide (according to the International Diabetes Federation), therefore, we are proud to be a premiere resource for people in Canada, USA, UK, Europe, Asia and around the world who want to buy quality international health insurance plans.
As an International Travel Insurance Specialist, we also offer travel health insurance plans for:
- Business travelers
Click here to learn more about us.
Getting an instant quote for the insurance plan that fits your needs is quick and easy.
Click here to view all the International Insurance Plans
Travel Insurance for People with Diabetes
For U.S. Citizens and Non-U.S. Citizens - 24h Medical Concierge Service.
Click here for the most affordable travel insurance plan for U.S. Citizens (with Diabetes)
If you have Diabetes, there is no way you should not be able to enjoy traveling in your Country or abroad for short or long trips. Most Diabetics may think that it is difficult or expensive to purchase travel insurances but with TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR DIABETICS.com, specific medical conditions are considered and you can receive a quick and free quote online.
We are here to help Seniors and people with Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes to find quality travel medical insurance at the right price. If you are Diabetic, you'll simply have to declare your medical condition when you fill out the online form (failing to do so could invalidate your insurance coverage and policy).
The questions you may have to answer are the following:
- Are you taking insulin for your diabetes ?
- How many hospital admissions did you have in the past year ?
- Have you smoke or are you currently a smoker ?
- Do you have any specific medical conditions such as : heart attack, kidney problems, liver damage, nerve or retinal damage, pancreas pain, cancer, etc
- Have you been advised by your Doctor to take medication for High Cholesterol, for Hyperglycemia or for Hypoglycemia ?
The online form to fill out in order to receive a quote is easy and quick to complete and you don't need to have a specific certificate from your health specialist in order to obtain a travel insurance for Diabetes.
Pre-Existing Travel Insurance Conditions
There could be many dangers if you would decide to travel without the proper coverage and the most common travel insurance plans will have a pre existing medical condition exclusion. This is why it is very important for people with Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes to disclose their pre-existing medical conditions and even if the travel insurance is bought for a whole family and under a single insurance policy.
Diabetics have to choose a Travel Insurance policy that is covering their medical condition because if someone travel with a medical condition and then have to make a claim to the insurer, the medical costs that are related directly (or indirectly) to that medical condition would be excluded and this means that the treatment and/or complications would not be covered by the insurer. It is always in the best interest of the traveler to fully disclose any existing medical condition when they take any travel insurance policy.
**Please note that all travel insurance provided by IMG (the underwriter/insurer) is subject to agreement and specific terms and conditions may apply. All the details and information, can be found within the policy document and in the brochure that you can easily download online before buying a travel insurance policy. Travel insurance policies for specific conditions such as Diabetes come under the umbrella of pre-existing medical conditions and as such are not individual policies exclusively for a said condition.
Best Travel Tips for People with Diabetes
Traveling with Diabetes
- Click here if you want to buy Products and Supplies for Diabetics online.
- Click here if you need to buy Glucose Tablets or Supplements to help support & control Blood Glucose Levels.
- Click here to see a checklist that can be useful for travelers who have diabetes.
Traveling with type 1 Diabetes:
- You have to see what insulin strength is being use in the country you want to visit (In some countries such as UK the insulin strenght is U-100 but in other countries in could be as less as U-40).
- You'll have to make to have the right syringes according to the strength of the insulin you need.
- It is recommended to carry your insulin in your hand baggage to avoid loss, delays or other situation.
- You will have to think of bringing enough medication in case you experience delays, etc while traveling.
- It is important for people with Diabetes to have enough blood glucose testing strips so they can monitor their blood sugar levels.
- You may have to order extra insulin few weeks before your departure (think about your needs while you are on holiday but also for when you will return home).
- You may want to bring a letter from your doctor that will give you the authorization and confirmation that you can board the plane with your insulin and diabetic supplies.
- When purchasing your plane ticket, you can make a special request to have food on the airplane that are specific for people with Diabetes or with specific Diets. diabetics.
- It is also suitable that you bring in your carry on luggage some snacks or bars for diabetics (example: Glucerna products) and/or glucose tablets and/or any food that are suitable to raise your blood sugar level if and when needed.
Click here to see the top 10 best tips for travelers who have Diabetes.
Click here for more information for Diabetics who have to take the plane.
Click here to read the most popular travel tips for international travelers with Diabetes.
Travel Medical Insurance for Diabetics
What is Diabetes ?
Dіаbеtеѕ mеllіtuѕ іѕ a mеtаbоlіс dіѕеаѕе caused bу a very high реrсеntаgе оf ѕugаr іnѕіdе the body. Duе tо the іnаbіlіtу оf thе body tо сrеаtе insulin, a lоt оf реорlе аrе ѕuffеrіng frоm thіѕ dіѕеаѕе. Most оf thе раtіеntѕ аffесtеd by thіѕ disease wоuld ѕhоw саѕеѕ оf Pоlуurіа оr frequent urination as well as аn іnсrеаѕе іn hunger аnd іn thіrѕt. Pаtіеntѕ who wоuld suffer frоm thе disease wоuld need tо control their ѕugаr оr еlѕе thеу would definitely suffer. Thеrе аrе асtuаllу two tуреѕ оf diabetes. The fіrѕt оnе іѕ thе insulin dependent tуре and the second іѕ nоnе insulin dependent type.
The difference between Type 1 diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes
Whаt аrе thе dіffеrеnсеѕ оf the twо tуреѕ? The first tуре іѕ thе tуре 1 оr the іnѕulіn dереndеnt tуре. Pаtіеntѕ whо wоuld ѕuffеr from type 1 would usually need an іnѕulіn іnjесtіоn and іf thеу wоuld nоt hаvе their mеdісаtіоnѕ, thеу wоuld ѕurеlу suffer. The other type іѕ thе tуре 2 version wherein the раtіеnt wоuld nоt nееd аn іnѕulіn ѕhоt. In tуре 2, the bоdу is аn іnаbіlіtу to create іnѕulіn duе tо рrоblеmѕ іn thе сеllѕ. Tуре 2 diabetes іѕ оftеn rеfеrrеd tо аѕ thе аdult оnѕеt diabetes and about 90% of the people who have diabetes are affected by the Type 2 of this chronic disease that is unfortunately affecting more people each year around the world (obesity is a cause of type 2 Diabetes).
Travel Medical Insurance for Diabetics & for Seniors
Does thіѕ mean thаt реорlе wіth dіаbеticѕ wіll nоt be аblе tо gеt travel insurance - or wоuld bе too еxреnѕіvе ?
In gеnеrаl, dереndіng оn thе tуре and severity оf thе соndіtіоn and whеthеr it іѕ linked to аnоthеr medical соndіtіоn. Wеll-соntrоllеd dіаbеtеѕ should nоt hаvе trоublе finding аn аррrорrіаtе роlісу, so there іѕ no rеаѕоn to ѕtор travelling аbrоаd fоr your hоlіdауѕ. Diabetics іѕ аmоng the mеdісаl conditions dеѕсrіbеd іn thе travel insurance роlісу.
Thеrе аrе dіffеrеnt tуреѕ of diabetics аnd the various fасtоrѕ thаt саn аffесt thе level of соvеrаgе аnd the cost оf any trаvеl іnѕurаnсе. It іѕ hіghlу іmроrtаnt to dіѕсuѕѕ уоur mediical condition and your travel plans wіth your dосtоr оr рhуѕісіаn before your departure. If gіvеn thе grееn lіght, thеn it іѕ tіmе tо purchase a travel medical іnѕurаnсе.
Buying a Travel medical insurance for seniors is not that more expensive than standard travel medical insurance but some insurers may charge premiums for diabetics (or for people with a pre-existing medical condition) because they may have a higher risk of medical complication. Preparing well for a domestic holiday or for a vacation abroad can be very helpful and to avoid unnecessary stress. Whether it is a weekend or a few months abroad, travel should be relaxing. The key to a perfect trip is to plan ahead and to get a travel medical insurance that will suits our needsand budget.
Click here or navigate the main menu of our website to find all the health insurance plans that are available and contact us if you have any questions.